Recurring payments can be made by registering the shopper’s payment details for a future transaction. Recurring payments are available for all payment methods. The marketplace must send a new request for every new debit period.
Recurring card payments
For a card payment, when you set the registerAlias parameter in your /payin/payment/ request, an alias is generated for the card used for the transaction. You then retrieve this alias for future transactions from the paymentMethodList object in response to the /payin/paymentMethods request.
- Pass the alias in the aliasId parameter in /payin/payment requests
- Pass the transactionID of a previous authorisation request.
Making a recurring card payment from an existing authorisation doesn't guarantee the payment: because AgoraPay revalidates the authorisation at each payment intent, there is a possibility that the new authorisation fails.
Recurring SDD payments
For an SDD payment, you must always provide the account IBAN and the holder's name. This information is passed through the details object of the /payin/payment request. You also need to specify the sequence for the mandate:
- FRST: First use of recurrent mandate.
- RCUR: Use of recurrent mandate.
- FNAL: Last use of recurrent mandate. It must be used to deactivate a mandate.
- OOFF: Mandate used only one time.
The response will provide you with a reference, which you can use for future /payin/payment requests.
Recurring SDD payments are submitted to restrictions:
- Each payment must be associated to the same payer and the same order reference.
- If the payment is linked to 2 different orders, a new mandate must be generated with its own reference.
A recurring mandate which has not been used for 36 months after the last payment (independently of its status) becomes inactive.
Recurring SCT payments
For an SCT payment, a virtual IBAN is returned by the /payin/payment request. You can reuse this virtual reference in a subsequent SCT payment by passing it in the details.iban. The IBAN can be reused only if the payerRef and the orderReference are the same as the initial payment.