With AgoraPay, you can onboard and manage your Vendors and accept payments on their behalf. The platform allows you to easily receive funds from end-customers, split payments and payout to vendors.
In this part of the documentation, we describe the following:
- Vendors onboarding: this is the process of accepting new Vendors in your marketplace, either directly from the AgoraPay platform or from your own solution through our API.
- Pay-In: this process corresponds to capturing the payment from the user purchasing through your marketplace and securely storing it.
- Transfer funds: A funds transfer allows you to transfer funds from one internal AgoraPay account to another. For example, transfer funds from a Seller account to the main account.
- Pay-Out: Choose between manual management of the Pay-Out by API or an automatic Pay-Out managed by AgoraPay to transfer funds from internal accounts to your bank account and of the Sellers.
Work in progress
The onboarding process has been simplified as much as possible to allow you to easily add and manage your Vendors on the platform. It includes:
- Online integration of new Vendors on the platform
- KYC check and validation managed by AgoraPay
To onboard your Vendor, you can choose to:
- Build your own onboarding solution on your marketplace using dedicated Agorapay’s API
- Use AgoraPay Hosted Onboarding solution
Check out our full Vendor's onboarding process to onboard your first Vendor.
A payin is the process of accepting payments from your customers as they go through the purchase experience on your marketplace.
A number of payment methods are supported and you have the choice to build the user-experience through 2 implementation options. Capturing the payment details is the initial step of payment processing through AgoraPay.
Check out more information about Payin.
Payments and breakdown of funds
When receiving a payment from a shopper, you can split the funds between various Vendors accounts and deduct costs such as commissions (you apply to your vendors) and payment fees (applied by AgoraPay).
You can decide to split the funds whenever you want, within a month. Once the split is done, you are still able to adjust the funds after the transaction in the event of additional invoicing or a specific discount.
Check out more information about Managing Funds
The possibility of a payout depends on the amount available on the internal account to be disbursed. The available amount is calculated between the difference of the incoming flows (pay in, funds transfer, reloading) and the outgoing flows (payout, reimbursement).
You can execute payout on a bank account whenever you want through the payout/create API or alternatively automate the payout process by creating a recurrent Payout.
Check out more information about Payout.
Commissions and merchant detailed billing
For the commission on each payment, it is entirely up to the marketplace to decide the amount. It may be a lower or higher commission than AgoraPay's, depending on whether it is only to cover Agorapay's costs, or to pay itself. But the amount is not linked to the Agorapay commission.
By doing so, you need to be aware of two things:
- AgoraPay cannot guarantee that the exact amount would be distributed.
- There will be no billing process/invoice on this action. The commission will be tracked on the account statement when available.
AgoraPay's commissions are debited by default to the marketplace commission account. If the commission account is empty, the marketplace's main account will be debited.
The marketplace's commissions are debited to the seller's main account and credited the commission account of the MKP
Merchant detailed billing
The management of merchant billing is entirely the responsibility of the Marketplace.